Tell me about Catholic Jobs. What is its objective?
First of all, I’m very excited to share about www.catholicjob.ph and thankful to CBCP News for this great opportunity. I believe that this is an amazing milestone in the 2nd month of this website.
Talking about www.catholicjob.ph, our ultimate goal is to serve;
- as Catholics, we value the gift of stewardship. This is our way to share our time, talent, and treasure in the service of the Catholic Church and all Catholic Institutions.
- as Professionals, we want to encourage other professionals to participate in the mission and promotion of the Gospel while providing for their own welfare.
- as Filipinos, we see this as an opportunity to help multiply the Catholic population in the Philippines by inviting them into the workforce.
So, www.catholicjob.ph is a job portal site wherein Catholic institutions in the Philippines can meet their potential candidates. We are proud to provide this service free of any charge.
How did you get around the idea of starting it? When?
I believe that it all started with prayer.
When I finally discerned to leave the seminary formation, I constantly asked God in my prayers to guide me in following His will while looking for a job opportunity. During my transition period, I decided that I would make it a priority to be part of a Catholic institution. Nonetheless, I failed to find one.
So, I eventually joined my parents in their Dry Cleaning business in Makati City. I am very happy to be part of a company that has been in the industry for 28 years now. They are really in the business of service. During my time there, I was appointed to handle the hiring and selection of new employees. Like many other businesses, the recruitment process is quite important and at the same time, challenging. Therefore, I saw this as a good opportunity to create a solution in the recruitment process. Like major companies, I believe that the Catholic institutions also encounter challenges in meeting their new candidates.
As the Patron of workers, www.catholicjob.ph was launched last March 19, 2016 on the Feast of Saint Joseph.
Tell me a bit about your background.
Hi, I am Joseph Malinis.
I work for an investment company in BGC as a Financial Advisor in Forex Trading. Also, I manage the digital marketing department for my parents dry cleaning business in Makati. Of course, I spam emails on the weekends to get my start up website going. Before all of the above, I was in the seminary formation for about 11 years. I started in high school here in Our Lady of Guadalupe Minor Seminary. Later, I joined the Diocese of Sacramento in California, USA.
Ultimately, I would like to start my own company named Vatican Ventures, Inc. My goal is to be in the forefront of technological applications in the promotion of the Gospel Values. I would like to use technology to connect people with God.
Why is a site like this important?
Economically, I believe that this website gives a better alternative in advertising job listings and have further reach than traditional media (i.e. Newspaper ads are too expensive). Listing in our website is for free.
More importantly, it gives members of the society to contribute in the growth of PH Economy.
- Evangelically, this is another way to promote the Gospel values. When employers post a listing, they an opportunity to display their logo, website, and nature of organization. In this way, they are able to spread their mission and work to their potential audience.
- Ecclesiasticaly, the website encourages participation in the doings of the Church. The job categories allow all individuals regardless of their age and capacity to apply their knowledge in the workforce. In this way, I see this as an important addition to the longevity of the Church.
How do companies interested in the site get in touch with you?
1. They can simply visit our website: www.catholicjob.ph
2. If they want to offer a job vacancy, they simply can click the button “Post a Job” and have their listing posted. They can post their job listings as much as they want!
3. For jobseekers, they can simply click on their desired job vacancy and apply directly online. Pray and wait for your job offer!
4. For sponsorships and partnerships, kindly send us a message via firstname.lastname@example.org!
THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!